At their core, dental implants are a specific type of medical appliance that is surgically implanted into a patient’s jaw. This can not only help improve the visual appearance of a person’s smile, but it can also help improve their ability to chew. They’re often used for both at the same time.
When it comes to implant dentures Eau Claire, you have a number of options to choose from depending on your needs. One popular solution takes the form of All-on-4 implants.
- All-on-4 Dental Implants Eau Claire solutions involve a patient receiving a complete set of artificial teeth.
- The benefit is that they don’t have to go through the process of getting individual teeth replaced one-at-a-time.
- The entire procedure is done with just four implants – hence the name.
If you’re the type of person who is self-conscious about your appearance or is experiencing other difficulties with your mouth, rest easy knowing that you are not alone. According to one recent study:
- More than 156 million people in the United States are missing at least one tooth.
- Between 2015 and 2016, dental implants in the US grew by 5.7%.
- To put that into perspective, between 1999 and 2000 they had only grown by 0.7%.
- Just over 92% of all dental implants are made using high quality titanium.
- As of 2019, the total value of the dental implant market in the United States was a massive $1.1 billion – pointing to a trend that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Indeed, implant dentistry Eau Claire is popular for a wide range of different reasons, with safety being chief among them. Believe it or not, they actually have a 98% success rate according to most estimates – the highest rate out of any type of similar process that would need to be done to correct an issue a patient is experiencing.
According to another study conducted by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the situation further breaks down like this:
- More than 35 million people in the country are missing ALL the teeth on either one or both of their jaws.
- Roughly 15 million people have had either a crown or a bridge to act as a replacement for those missing teeth.
- About 3 million people are estimated to have embrace implants.
- That number is growing at a rate of about 500,000 per year consistently.
It’s also important to note that implant teeth Eau Claire are used by people in just about every age group you can think of. Having said that, the largest increases break down as follows:
- Individuals between the ages of 65 and 74-years-old saw an increase in the use of implants of 12.9% between 2015 and 2016.
- People who fell into the age range of 55 to 64-years-old saw a relative increase of about 1,000%!
But again, implant teeth Eau Claire are a viable solution to these types of oral issues regardless of which age bracket you fall into.